We’re committed to giving you the highest standard of service and customer care. If you don’t think we’ve done this, please tell us so we can investigate. edebthelp.co.uk is a trading name of Faith Financial Solutions Ltd.
Complaints Procedure & Code of Practice
This code of practice sets out how we deal with customer complaints.
It tells you:
- How to make a complaint
- The standards you can expect from us in dealing with it
- What we will do to put things right
- What you can do if you are unhappy with our response
1. What sorts of complaints are covered?
Examples of the types of complaints covered by this code of practice are:
- Poor or misleading advice or guidance
- Staff behaviour
- The way in which we administer your file
2. What kind of service can I expect?
At Faith Financial Solutions, we are committed to providing a high quality of service; however, occasionally we may fail to meet your expectations. In such circumstances we will work with you to put things right as quickly as possible.
You feedback and comments are important to us. We welcome all your comments whether they are complaints, compliments or suggestions. By letting us know what you think we can monitor our performance and improve our service.
3. What should I do if I want to complain?
Our complaints procedure is easy to follow and makes it easier for you to contact us.
You can complain:
- by speaking to a member of staff
- or in writing, by letter or email
What will happen when you call to complain:
Whenever possible the person who answers the phone will try and resolve your complaint immediately. If this is not possible and our complaint requires further investigation then we will take your name and contact details.
We will call you back within 24 hours on a working day (Monday to Friday) and will try to resolve the complaint for you.
If you remain dissatisfied or we feel the issues raised should be investigated in greater detail, your complaint will be escalated.
At this stage we recommend you put your complaint in writing or an email as this will assist us to address your issues as quickly as possible.
Please address your letter to:
Faith Financial Solutions
170 Midsummer Boulevard
Or you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What information do you need to give us?
We will need your full name, address and postcode. It will help us deal with your complaint if you give as much background information as possible.
Information may include:
- Your personal reference number
- Contact details
- The date of your approved agreement
- The nature of your complaint
- Any other information that may be helpful to understand your position
5. Who will deal with my written complaint?
We will send you a written acknowledgement within 5 working days of the receiving your written complaint.
If you have any difficulties in providing your complaint in writing you must let us know and we will try to provide you with an alternative and more suitable method of communication.
6. How will my complaint be dealt with?
We will carry out a thorough investigation of your complaint. At all times we will be honest and fair in our dealings with you and ask you, in return, to do the same for us. If you complain we will:
- Treat you with tact and courtesy at all times
- Deal with your complaint fairly, promptly and efficiently
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint and tell you who is dealing with it
- Aim to respond to your complaint as soon as possible
- Comply with the timescales set out in section 7 of our Code of Practice
If the complaint is upheld in your favour we will apologise, tell you what went wrong and what we will do to put things right. The final response letter will contain the results of our investigation. This may include notes made at the time of telephone conversations with you, transcripts of recorded calls and any other evidence we hold.
7. Important Timescales
On receipt of your complaint we will always endeavour to meet the following timescales:
(a) By Day 5 – acknowledge receipt of your complaint
(b) By Day 28 – investigate your complaint and provide you with a response within 28 days. If it is not possible to resolve the complaint within 28 days you will be advised of the status of your complaint;
(c) By Day 56 – in the unlikely event that your complaint has not been resolved at an earlier date, we will write to keep you informed of our progress and will complete our review as quickly as possible.
8. What if I am not satisfied?
If a client is still dissatisfied with our final response letter and they wish to pursue their complaint further they can contact:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0207 964 1000
Fax: 0207 964 1001
Any referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) should be made within six months from the date of our final response letter. This service is free and the FOS acts as an impartial adjudicator. We will provide further details of a client’s right to refer to the FOS on request or:
- In our final response letter
- In the letter sent 8 weeks after we have received the complaint, whichever is sooner
A customer can also find out more abut the Financial Ombudsman Service or how to make a complaint using the contact details shown above.